Photography & Videography
By entering a EKU Campus Recreation Facility, members consent to being the subject of any photography, audio, or video recordings, which may take place while participating in programming and/or open recreation activities. Such photography and recordings may be used for EKU publications, webcasts, telecasts, advertising, and for any other additional promotional or marketing purpose as Eastern Kentucky University may see fit. By entering a EKU Campus Recreation facility, members hereby waive all rights or claims to any financial compensation or payment of royalties in connection with any publications, webcasts, broadcasts, or exhibition of these materials. When/if your likeness or image is used in a publication, there will be no identifying information provided. If members do not wish to be photographed, please kindly inform the photographer or videographer.
The taking, capturing or recording of any and all photography, audio, or video of any kind in the pool, men’s and women’s locker rooms, and restrooms is strictly prohibited.
Those who seek to photograph, film, or interview individuals at EKU Campus Recreation Facilities for commercial use, media use, or class projects, must receive prior written approval from Eastern Kentucky University Recreation administration only after submitting a Media Request Form.
By submitting a Media Request Form, you understand that:
1. The form MUST be completed a minimum of 2 full business days in advance to your requested day/time. (If request is for a weekend, submissions must be made by Wednesday)
2. Filling out this form does NOT guarantee approval for your request. You will be emailed regarding the status of your request.
3. If approved, you MUST inform anyone who appears in the photos/videos and receive his/her verbal consent prior to photographing/videoing. Violation of this requirement may result in the requestor presenting his/her media to a Student Recreation staff member and/or the requestor being asked to discontinue photography/videography.
4. If approved, all photography/videography must be taken between the hours of 8am-4pm Monday-Friday. Unless otherwise specified.
5. If approved, Campus Recreation should receive access to all photographs/videos taken if requested.