Campus Recreation Memberships:
A +1 is a sponsored member. A sponsored member is any individual who the current member wishes to sponsor and that meets all of the member eligibility requirements below. The member, is responsible for all actions of the member(s)in which they sponsor, and subject to any consequence of their actions.
- A membership for a sponsor is eligible for patrons 5 and older. *If patron is between 5 & 13 they are permitted within the Aquatic Center during open hours. All other areas must be reserved through a Birthday Bash Request.
- Individuals between the ages of 14 & 17 (unless a full time enrolled student at EKU) must be accompanied by an adult or guardian while utilizing the facility at all times. They must always be within the same area of the facility.
- All Students taking 5 or more credit hours on the Richmond campus are automatic members to the facilities, programs, and services provided by the Campus Recreation Department by having the recreation fee deducted from their tuition.
- If a student is enrolled in less than 5 credit hours, they may elect to be charged the $35 Recreation fee to their university account at the Fitness & Wellness Center. All opt-in fees are non-refundable.
- Student who were enrolled in the previous semester and are planning to enroll the following semester can purchase a Fall or Spring semester-off membership for $70. Students must have been enrolled in the previous semester and plan on enrolling in the upcoming semester to be eligible for the semester-off membership. Membership information can be obtained by calling the Student Recreation Center at (859) 622-6751.
We ask that all members please bring a valid EKU ID. However, if a member forgets to bring a valid ID Campus Recreation will allow the member to enter the facility by using his/her EKU ID number along with a valid ID. This will apply to all students, faculty/staff, alumni, spouse, donor, or family pass member.
If a photo is not on your EKU ID, we will take one to validate your identification for further entry.
Members may bring a guest. A guest is an individual who is accompanied by a member, who's purpose of their visit is to actively participate in a service or program offered by Campus Recreation. Some programs and services, may have additional participation eligibility restrictions, waiver requirements, or fees associated with them.
A guest pass may be purchased at the Front Desk of the Fitness & Wellness Center for $5. In order to purchase a guest pass, the guest must present a photo ID that lists their date of birth. The guest and accompanying member must wear a wristband issued at the time of arrival, must remain with their sponsoring member during the visit, has access to all activity areas, and must depart the facility at the same time as their sponsor. A guest who is under the age of 14, must follow the same guidelines, and are NOT PERMITTED in strength or cardio areas on the 2nd floor of the facility. Guests under 14 years of age, are free.
All guests must follow the same rules and regulations for the facility, activity, and university, and the member will be responsible for their guest's actions and whereabouts.
Members may bring a spectator. A spectator is a non-member, who is not considered a guest, who is accompanied by a member, who's purpose of their visit is to watch various special events and programs, specifically Competitive Sports Events.
Spectators will be issued a wristband at the time they arrive to the facility by the welcome desk staff. Spectators who remove their band will asked to be leave the facility. Spectators are only permitted in the area the activity is taking place, and are not permitted to be actively participating without paying the $5 guest fee. Spectators will be permitted access to the facility free of charge.
All spectators must follow the same rules and regulations for the facility, activity, and university, and the member will be responsible for their spectator’s actions and whereabouts.
Full & Half Lockers will be available to rent on a first-come-first-serve basis for all members. To purchase a locker please come by the Administrative Office.
Full Locker- $30 For a Semester
Full Wide Locker- $30 For a Semester
Half Locker- $20 For a Semester
Half Wide Locker- $20 For a Semester