COVID-19: Campus Rec FAQ's
In following the orders of our Govenor directive to close all recreational facilities and as part of the University's response to COVID-19, the Student Recreation Center will be closed until further notice, effective March 12th. Campus Recreation is dedicated to the health and safety of all members, and we are in support of this decision to preserve public health.
Please reference the COVID-19 page for updated information regarding EKU's plan in response to this situation. The information will be updated frequently.
Campus Rec COVID-19 FAQ's
1. I am a paying member, what will you do about my membership during this time?
Paying members (Does not include Students taking 5+CH's on Richmond Campus, or "Fall '19 Grad Free-Members"), will have their memberships extended, for a period of time equivilant to the duration of time that we are closed (from March 12, 2020 until TBD). Payroll deduction will be suspended effective immediately (March 18, 2020)
2. I paid for a parking pass to use the SRC, what will Campus Rec do for me?
We are currently working to develop options for this issue. With regard to reore information will be forthcoming. We will update this page when more information becomes available.
3. I paid for a locker to use at the SRC, what will Campus Rec do for me? Can I get my belongings from my locker?
Currently all Campus Rec staff are working remotely, and the office will be closed until at least March 30th. We are encouraging patrons who have a locker to get their belongings between 12pm-2pm on March 19th, and March 20th. If you need to coordinate a time outside of this, please message us here. With regard to refunds/extentions, more information will be forthcoming. We will update this page when more information becomes available.
4. Is programming suspended too?
5. I had a facility reservation / birthday bash / event scheduled at the SRC, is it cancelled?
Unfortunately yes. All reservations confirmed for the dates between today and April 3rd for the SRC are cancelled.
6. I paid a deposit/reservation fee for an SRC reservation, will that be refunded?
Yes, in full.
7. What about my reservation for Weaver / Challenge Course / IM Fields?
All reservations are cancelled until at least April 3rd.
8. What about the personal training sessions I had scheduled?
Sessions between now and April 3rd are suspended. We are currently developing options for this issue. More information will be forthcoming. We will update this page when more information becomes available.
Published on March 11, 2020