Health Promotion Employment Opportunities
Join the Health Promotion Team
The Student Wellness & Health Promotion team have a variety of employment opportunities for students. Below is a description of the positions within our program.
Peer Educators are a group of students committed to keeping the EKU student body well-informed about health and wellness topics that are relevant to college students in a positive, interactive, fun and nonjudgmental manner. Topics may include: Responsible decision making regarding alcohol and other drugs; safer sex; stress management; sleep; nutrition; fitness; body image; mental health; healthy relationships; sexual assault prevention.
- To facilitate workshops and programs for fellow students on various wellness topics in residence halls and other settings.
- Plan and implement outreach events or initiatives (e.g. speaker events, workshops, tabling events,
- To use marketing communication tactics like posters and social media to encourage positive behavior change among fellow students.
- In collaboration with other peer educators, plan programming for awareness weeks.
- To serve as an on-campus health resource and confidential referral service for fellow student
- To participate in training programs and weekly meetings.
Health Promotion Intern
The Health Promotion intern is responsible for providing leadership for the development, implementation, and assessment of health promotion programs for the university community in cooperation and collaboration with other university departments. We aim to empower students to take active roles in their health and wellness.
- To plan and implement programs and events that promote healthy, safe, and responsible living. Programs may include: theme weeks and awareness days (Body Image Awareness week, Alcohol Awareness Week, etc.); hosting speakers, fundraising events, giveaways, etc.
- Plan and create a major project on any health topic to educate and raise awareness among the campus community.
- Coordinate outreach projects that promote health, and wellness education program activities
- Assess and evaluate programs, perform research on relevant topics, and revise presentation materials as appropriate
- Present lectures and training to groups and/or individuals
- Participate in the development of marketing and promotional goals and strategies.
- Act as a resource person for Campus Recreation and/or the Peer Educators.