*Any individual found violating the below policies will be subject to disciplinary action
- All patrons and guests of the Student Recreation Center should act in accordance of the policies/regulations set by the department of Campus Recreation and Eastern Kentucky University. Campus Recreation staff reserve the right to refuse access or remove any individual(s) whose behavior is deemed inappropriate. Violators of these policies may also be suspended from using the facilities and associated programs. Members who are suspended will not have any portion of their fees refunded.
- Participants using the Student Recreation Center assume all liability of and agree to compensate Campus Recreation for any damages that occur.
- Each individual participating or watching assumes the risk for any harm or injuries sustained.
- Patrons 5 years and older are required to have a membership or be a sponsored guest to the Student Recreation Center in order to gain access to the facility (4 and under are free).
- Patrons 17 and under (unless a full time enrolled student at EKU) must be accompanied by an adult or guardian while utilizing the facility at all times and both individuals must be within the same area of the facility. *Certain restrictions on access to facilities and programs may apply to minors.
- Patron 13 and under are only permitted within the Aquatic Center, Basketball Courts, MAC Court, Game Room and Climbing Wall. (13 and under are not permitted in Strength/Cardio and Group Fitness Rooms).
- Individuals between the ages of 14 & 17 (unless a full time enrolled student at EKU) are permitted within any area of the facility as long as they are accompanied by an adult or guardian.
- All patrons must provide valid identification to utilize the Student Recreation Center. However, those using the personalized bar code via the mycampusrec app will be able to gain access to the facility. ID forgiveness will be limited to 3 times per semester.
- The Student Recreation Center is an alcohol, tobacco and drug free space, which includes e-cigarettes, juuls and vapes.
- In an effort to prevent additional wear and tear on equipment and the potential spread of diseases, all participants are required to wear attire that is appropriate for the activity and space. (Appropriate athletic attire, such as t-shirts, athletic non-marking shoes, shorts, warm-up suits, sweat suits or aerobic clothing, is recommended at all times during recreation.) Clothing with profanity or offensive language may not be worn within the facility or while participating in programs.
- EKU Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items. It is strongly recommended that members refrain from bringing valuables to the facility. Members are encouraged to store all personal belongings in cubbies or lockers. Day use and semester locker rentals are available.
- Pets, other than service animals, are prohibited in the Student Recreation Center. Assistance animals are not considered service animals and are prohibited. (Service and Assistance Policy 1.3.1P)
- Bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades and skates are prohibited within the Student Recreation Center.
- Campus Recreation programs and events reserve the right of priority and scheduling.
- Outside food and drink are prohibited in all activity areas of the Student Recreation Center unless approved by Professional Staff. Non-glass, spill proof bottles are permitted, but must be stored in appropriate areas when not in use.
- The use of portable sound systems is prohibited within the Student Recreation Center.
- The taking, capturing or recording of any and all photography, audio, or video of any kind in the pool, men’s and women’s locker rooms, and restrooms is strictly prohibited. Those who seek to photograph, film, or interview individuals at EKU Campus Recreation facilities for commercial use, media use, or class projects, must receive prior written approval from Campus Recreation administration prior to accessing the facility.
- Fitness, coaching and or training is prohibited within the Student Recreation Center unless approved by the Campus Recreation Staff.
- Use of informal activity spaces when not scheduled/reserved, including priority scheduling, is on a first-come, first-served. No organized activities except those sponsored or approved by Campus Recreation are permitted.
- Contact Campus Recreation staff should an accident, injury, or related incident occur. In addition, report immediately any piece of equipment that is not functioning properly to so it can be evaluated and serviced promptly.
- Participants are responsible for reading, understanding and abiding by all rules and regulations of the Recreation Center.
Keeping participants safe is the number one priority for Campus Recreation employees. All Campus Recreation professional staff and student supervisors are certified in first aid, CPR, and AED and are trained to provide emergency care to participants if needed. In the event of an emergency, participants are required to report all accidents, incidents, or injuries to the nearest Campus Recreation employee so proper care can be provided. If an ambulance is necessary, the Campus Recreation staff will contact university police and follow the emergency procedures. Campus Recreation employees may not transport injured victims. In any injury situation, the injured person (when possible) and any witness will be asked questions for an accident/incident report.
Assumption of Risk
Participation in Campus Recreation facilities and activities is completely voluntary whether participating in or watching any event or activity sponsored by any group. Each individual participating or watching assumes the risk for any harm or injuries sustained. Neither Eastern Kentucky University, nor the Department of Campus Recreation can assume any responsibilities for injuries incurred through participation in facilities or activities. It is strongly advised that participants use caution and be aware of potential health risks associated with exercise, and obtain a physical from a doctor before beginning an exercise program. Should an accident, injury, or related incident occur, please contact a Campus Recreation staff member immediately.
Outside food and drink may be consumed in the Student Recreation Center lounge space found prior to swiping into the facility. Open lid consumption is not permitted in any of the activity spaces, unless approved for an event. Non-glass spill proof, bottles are permitted in activity areas, but must be stored when not in use.
Participants will be asked to refrain from chewing gum during activities for safety reasons and for the upkeep of the facilities.
Unless expressly exempt, all persons are prohibited from possessing Deadly Weapons and Dangerous Materials/Instruments on all property owned, leased, or controlled by Eastern Kentucky University, including but not limited to all classrooms, laboratories, residence halls, clinics, office buildings, performance halls, athletics and recreation facilities, farms, forests and other natural areas, parking lots and structures, University owned, leased or controlled vehicles, and all outdoor areas of the campus, including extended campuses and all other property now or hereafter owned, leased, or controlled by Eastern Kentucky University, of any unit of Eastern Kentucky University. This policy applies to all persons who possess lawfully issued licenses or permits pursuant to Kentucky Revised Statute 237.110 and to all persons who do not possess lawfully issued licenses or permits pursuant to Kentucky Revised Statute 237.110.