Click here to learn more about Group Swim Lessons.
The division of aquatics strives to build a campus environment for students and members of the community to enhance their lives through aquatic based activities. We aim to achieve this through the innovation of programs such as learn to swim (group lessons,) lifeguard certification trainings, facility rental opportunities, as well as open swim hours and swim for fitness programs. We continue to evolve and invent new programs to best utilize the space of our aquatic facilities across campus. This allows us to remain inclusive to all members of the communities in which we serve.
The Student Recreation Aquatic Center offers a variety of features for patrons of the facility. Including 4 lap lanes, vortex, volleyball, basketball, zero entry, spa and an outdoor patio.
(Includes Pool, Spa and Patio)
- Proper swim attire is required, reference the image below for approved swim attire.
- Swimming is permitted only when the pool is officially open and a lifeguard is on duty.
- Lifeguards and Natatorium staff have the authority to enforce all pool rules. Patrons who repeatedly violate the rules may be ejected from the facility.
- Running, rough play, and personal conduct endangering the safety of self or others is prohibited.
- Patrons 17 and under (unless a full time enrolled student at EKU) must be accompanied by an adult or guardian while utilizing the facility at all times and both individuals must be within the same area of the facility. *Certain restrictions on access to facilities and programs may apply to minors.
- Only Coast Guard approved personal flotation devices are allowed in the pool. Noodles, balls, or other toys may only be used for recreation and provided by EKU Campus Recreation or approved by a staff member.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers.
- Diving is prohibited in the natatorium
- Hanging on lane lines and prolonged underwater swimming or breath holding, is not permitted.
- Gum and Band-Aids must be deposited in the trash before entering the water.
- Glass containers are not permitted in Natatorium.
- All injuries should be reported immediately to the lifeguard.
- Patrons should always wash swimsuits prior to use within the aquatic center to assist in keep the pool clean.
- Please be conscious of others. Do not swim if you have: skin lesions, sores, or inflamed eyes, mouth, nose, or ear discharge, carrying communicable disease or having any type of bandage, adhesive tape, etc., on your body.
Patrons are expected to exhibit proper conduct and to respect the rights of others at all times. Engaging in unacceptable, unsafe, or inappropriate behavior/language towards an employee of Campus Recreation or Campus Recreation patron may result in the loss of facility privileges.